Wednesday 10 July 2013

The wonderful wizard of Hogwarts


Malina Pawloski / Pinterest
Image from here.
The Harry Potter series has been in my life since I was 7 years old. Ever since I sat in the theater seat for a school excursion, the magical world has been a fantasy in which we all wish had been true. The first 3 movies had me dreaming about playing quidditch, flying a car and making things levitate. As I grew older, the movies started to show the dangers and evils of magic but that didn't stop me from dreaming.


Tumblr
Image from here.
The adventures all started on platform 9¾ and the Hogwarts Express. I just wonder if the Muggles ever saw them run into a wall... (except that one time when Dobby sealed it).

I found this tag from here and thought it would be fun to do the first 10 questions (otherwise this post will be extremely long).

1) What is your favourite Harry Potter book?
I must admit that I have only ever finished one entire book (HP and the Goblet of Fire, and I call myself a fan haha) while I've read a little of the first and third books. I quite liked the book that I finished... so I guess that'd be my favourite

2) Favourite movie?
HP and the Order of the Phoenix. I loved seeing the Weasley twins (and the whole school) defy Umbridge :D

3) Your favourite scene/moment overall?
Inside Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. It was entertaining and provided a break from the intense storyline.

4) Your favourite quote?
 "How much is this?" "Five Gallons." "But I'm your brother." "Ten Gallons" - Ron & the Weasley twins.

5) What character would you totally rape/molest/etc?
Excuse me... let me rephrase this to "Who are your favourite characters?" Ron, Fred & George, Neville and Luna.

6) What house would you be in?
As much as I think I should be in Gryffindor, I think Hufflepuff would be more accurate. I value "hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play".

7) What would your wand be?
I have no idea. I guess I should take a visit to Ollivander's ;)

8) What pet(s) would you have?
I don't know about pets, but I would definitely like some magical creatures. An owl (how else can I send mail?), a house elf (dw I'll treat them well), a hippogriff, and a phoenix.

9) What type of unique magical objects would you possess?
I just need a wand and an invisibility cloak.

10) What would your "Patronus" be?
horse? We'll have to wait until I conjure it.

Image from here.
 Hydrogen, helium... I mean Harry, Hermione... haha.

I haven't had the chance to visit London or Orlando to see the fantasy brought to life, but Google Maps shows the street view of Diagon Alley :D

Love, V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!