Friday 22 November 2013

Catching up time

I have some pretty cool photos to show you (as evidence, not that it's even necessary), of what I've been up to during the last 4 weeks. I have recently (a week ago) completed my second year of uni! Whoooo! I feel like I've been experiencing life while on fast forward. You know the feeling where all you can think about it the end result, completing a project or the reward at the end, and then before you know it, you're there and have no idea what to do next? That's where I am. The much needed 3 and a half months holiday. With absolutely no plans. To remind myself that I have been working hard during the past few weeks, let's rewind time.

On October 21st, I walked into X Public School (the name has been omitted for privacy and others reasons which I'm quite unsure about...) with a student teacher tag. My kindergarten class was extremely welcoming and soon we (my prac partner and I) were the targets of conversations about their previous adventures. Mind you they are 5 or 6 years old, so the world is still an exciting place. We attended staff meetings, stage meetings, playground duty, RFF (relief from face to face teaching, if you ever wondered haha), you name it. We were the "new teachers" without the pay and responsibility of answering the classroom phone. One of the school events was an Art Show revolving around the theme of 'nature'. These are some of my favourites.

I love the 3D effect it gives.

The colours go so well together.

I still have no idea what material is used, but I guess aluminium foil will work just as well, right?

Just metallic markers were used to create this fancy trees!

All that time and effort to cut out and put them together. Wow.

Our final day at X Public School, was coincidentally a girl's birthday. We celebrated by singing 'Happy Birthday' with the cooperating teacher playing the viola (how great it is to have a musician as a teacher), giving her 7 firework claps (ahaha, one for good luck, and that's a special style of clapping) and having a jelly party (we made the jelly in our procedure writing lesson, the previous day). At the end of the day, she handed out these tasty donut-cake-things.

When we came in the next school day to pick up our final reports, the kids (oops, I mean children) were so happy to see us! They had these half sad, half happy expressions on their little faces that I just wanted to hug them all. It's good to know that 3 weeks (actually 15 school days) in someone's life can make a difference :)

That's what I've been up to these past few weeks. What have you been doing?

Love, V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!